I played a bit of the demo. Liked what I saw so I backed it! Good luck in your final stretch!
When The Shutter Stops (Demo)
A downloadable visual novel for Windows
When a notorious serial killer's conviction is overturned, the former child detective that put him away must return to the streets to prove his guilt.
But it's been 10 years, and a lot has changed, both in the city of Philadelphia and in Priscilla Vate's world.
When the Shutter Stops is a modern-noir visual novel featuring a heroine with a sordid past whose actions--your choices--shape her view of the world and steer the outcome of the stories within.
Like most private eyes, Priscilla "Pri" Vate was unphased by the filth in the world around her. Unlike most detectives, however, Pri was solving crimes at 12 years old. But when one case took her too close, her career was cut short before she could even legally have one.
Ten years later, Pri attempts to put her past behind her as a mundane family photographer. But like the stench of the city, the life of a Philadelphia detective never completely washes off. A decade after the infamous Dart Killer case, the man she locked away is set to be released on new evidence, and now the former child detective must return to the streets to solve the case that put her out of commission, once and for all.
The full version of When the Shutter Stops combines traditional visual novel storytelling with optional point-and-click gameplay, allowing players to conduct their own investigation. A glossary keeps track of clues and lore you discover during the story. Pri can get into a relationship with one of two love interests, one male and one female--or she can eschew romance altogether.
Warning: This visual novel contains swearing, graphic violence, and puns. Reader discretion is advised.
Game is currently in development and builds are in an unfinished state.
- Download the .zip file.
- Unzip it anywhere with all the files together.
- Run When The Shutter Stops.exe
- Optionally, provide feedback on bugs and areas of improvement!
- Full Demo and Kickstarter Launch!Sep 25, 2018
- Sam's Content Update (Build 5-3)May 04, 2018
- Quick Update to the Last Build (5-2)May 03, 2018
- New Alpha Build (5-2), Changes to Skipping, Glossary, etc.May 02, 2018
- Another new Alpha Build today (4-29)Apr 30, 2018
- New Alpha Build Today! (v. 4-28)Apr 28, 2018
- Our Devlog can be viewed from Discord!Apr 24, 2018